Kashmir handicraft has mesmerized the people all over the world. Handmade knotted carpets, paper machine, chain stitch and silverware, woodwork are some of the main handicrafts of Kashmir.
Kashmir shawls are made from any of the three fibers- wool, pashmina and shahtoos. These are beautiful and handmade with various beautiful designs and attractive colors.
Woodwork of the region is done on Chinar and walnut wood. Carving designs of the artists are really beautiful. While shopping tourists love to buy paper mache products of Kashmir too for indoor decorations.
1. For Walnut Wood Carved Articles, Paper Mache, Kashmiri Handicrafts visit Lal Chowk, Badshah Chowk in Srinagar.
2. For Kashmiri Handicrafts, Traditional Dongra Jewellery and Dry Fruits go at Vir Marg, Raghunath Bazaar and Hari Market in Jammu.
3. J & K Arts Emporium is best for Pashmina Shawls, Shahtoosh Shawls and Knotted Carpets.
4. Tibetan Market And Moti Market In Leh is good for woolen garments, Thankga Paintings, Hand-woven rugs and carpets.
5. Main Bazaar Road, Ladakh for handicrats and Tibetan Silver Jewelery.
Some nice shops in Kashmir where shopping is amazing
This Khadi Bhandaar is situated in the main KP Road in pahalgam. It is stuffed with traditional kashmiri textiles, clothes and articles. Good part of the shop is that it is a fixed price shop.
Multi Kashimir Crafts situated at Badyari Chawk, Main Road Dalgate, Srinagar.
This is one of the best buying place with reasonable and authentic Kashmiri suits, shawls, stoles, chain stitch, hand wowen carpets.
Mehraj Crafts at Hawal, Near Firdous Cineme, in Srinagar
Without buying Pashmina, trip to Kashmir is incomplete. Mehraj Crafts is a good store for buying pashmina products. This material is soft, warm and of very good quality. Pashmina Shawls, Scarfs, kurtas and stoles are famous in Kashmir.
Hazaara Arts at Nigeen Lake West, Srinagar is another a very nice store for shopping of pashmina shawls and stoles. This store has a good variety of silk and woolen rugs too and that also at affordable prices.